Lebanon is part of a larger network.
The Lebanon Valley Charter Chapter of ABWA is part of a nationwide network of more than 1900 chapters and 90,000 members www.abwa.org. Both this chapter and ABWA encourage the development of the personal skills, leadership qualities and educational opportunities necessary for a successful career. Being a businesswoman today means being challenged to achieve. Be ready to meet that challenge by being part of the world of our chapter and ABWA. Our membership includes women from a variety of professions and occupations. This diversity makes being part of the Lebanon Valley Charter Chapter a stimulating, enriching experience. It's all there for you, but you have to reach out and grab it, become involved. Say yes when called upon to head a project or assist in some endeavor the chapter is sponsoring. Chapter meetings are held the fourth Wednesday of each month with the exception of November and sometimes December when it is changed to the third Wednesday because of the holidays. Members conduct chapter business, as well as exchange career information and ideas. Meetings are highlighted by motivational speakers and other information programs.
A Typical Year
Elect ABWA Chapter Woman of the YearFebruary:
December: Holiday Celebration with ornament and/or cookie exchange.
ABWA helps the next generation of young business women by providing scholarships in various fields.
2019 LOCAL Chapter Scholarships
The Lebanon Valley Charter Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association will be awarding two monetary scholarships, $1000 each.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Carol Edris (717)679-2698 or Janice Dishong (717)274-2639.
Education Committee co-chair
IMPORTANT: Deadline for applications is March 31, 2019.
2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The following application is for a scholarship from the Lebanon Valley Charter Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association. Individuals who meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply. Application does not guarantee that a scholarship will be awarded. Return completed applications by March 31, 2019, to ABWA Scholarship Committee, PO Box 23, Cornwall PA 17016.
CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
- Available to any female resident of Lebanon County PA who is a US Citizen.
- Available to students attending any course of higher education, including four year college, Junior college, trade school, or technical school beyond high school.
- Applicant must have a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Please include a transcript with application.
- Applicant must obtain and supply a letter of reference from a guidance counselor or teacher. Or, if out of school, a letter of reference from your employer or other professional.
- Scholarship does not automatically renew; it is a one-time award. Applicant may re-apply each year.
- Applicants must include a paragraph or two stating why they should be the scholarship winner.
- Checks are made payable to the recipient and to the educational institution.
- Applications will be reviewed and semi-finalists will be determined by the Education committee. An interview may be arranged for those candidates selected to be presented for a vote by the chapter membership. Scholarships are routinely awarded during our May meeting.
- Scholarship money may be used for tuition, books and fees.
SECTION A: (Please print or type)
- Name: ___________________________________________________________________________
- Permanent Address: _________________________________________________________________
- Daytime phone: _______________ Evening Phone: ____________ Email: ______________________
- Are you a citizen of the United States and resident of Lebanon County? ______ yes ______ no
- Marital Status: ________________________
- Spouse’s occupation (if applicable): ___________________________________________
- Do you have legal dependents who get more than half of their support from you? ___ yes ___ no
SECTION B: (Please print or type)
1. What educational institution are you currently attending?
Name of Institution: ________________________________________________________________
2. What educational institution do you plan to attend? Name of Institution: _________________________________________________________________
- What will be your enrollment status? _____ full-time or ____ part-time, and _____ # of credits.
Is enrollment as a ____ freshman, ____ sophomore, ____ junior, ___ senior, _____ graduate student, or _______________________ other?
- What degree or certificate are you pursuing? ___________________________________________
5. Include number of years or semesters completed ___________________ Course of study?________________
- When do you expect to complete your degree or certificate? ______________
- Please list any extra curricular or community activities in which you are involved.
| Actual Expenses
Quoted as (check one): ______Per quarter; _______ Per semester; ______Per year.
Tuition, fees $_____________________________
Books $ ___________________________
Living expenses $ ______________________
Other (specify) _____________________ $ __________________
Total $ ________________________
I attest that all information is complete and accurate.
Applicant’s signature: ________________________________ Date: _____________________________
Past Scholarship Winners
2016 Student Winners: $1000 each were awarded to Teresa Gunderman, Palmyra; and Chandelle Keller, ELCO. Both young women will attend Penn State.
2015 Student Winners: Kate Risser, Annville Cleona will attend Bloomsburg; and Sara Smith will attend Messiah College.
2014 Student Winners: Margo Rene Keller, ELCO, Penn State; and Alaina Gladstone, Lebanon High, West Virgina University
2013 Student Winners: Hanna Constance Wastyk, Palmyra HS, University of Delaware; Mariah LiBrandi, Northern Lebanon HS, Saint Francis University; Lara Cruz, Lebanon HS, Hanze University
2012 Student Winners: Katie Carney-Blose, Penn College; Rosemary Angel, HACC
2011 Student Winners: Jonathan Jackson, Dickenson; Katie Carney-Blose, Penn College
2010 Student Winners: Anna Marie Cruz, Lebanon High School; Chelsea Saylor, ELCO; Mariela Horna, Lebanon Valley College; Felicia Nelson, Kutztown University
2009 Student Winners: Felicia Nelson; Kaitlyn Mader; Rachael Reist; Kimblery Yockey.
2008 Student Winners: Emily Sechrest (Lebanon); Kayla Miller (Northern Lebanon); Alyson Wattai, (Lebanon Catholic); Kaitlyn Mader (Culinary Institute of America).
2007 Student Winners: Aylssa Hauck (Lebanon HS); Jennifer Leeper (Eastern University); Kaitlyn Mader (Culinary Institute of America); Rebecca Wenger (Annville/Cleona High School)
2006 Student Winners: Michelle Dusel (Northern Lebanon); Jennifer Leeper (Cedar Crest); and Rachel Reist( Cedar Crest).
2005 Student Winners: Katelyn Haley, Amber Smith andStephanie Blanda
2004 Student Winners: Melanie Henderson, Madison Simmermon, & Kimberly Carfarella
Scholarships Education and training are essential for a successful career and, as chapter members, we are proud of our role in providing educational opportunities for others. We provide scholarships to area women, as well as contributing to the SBMEF National Scholarship Fund. Each year the amount awarded varies.
- SBMEF National Scholarship-Nicole Long
- Leadership Lebanon Valley scholarship Recipients:2008 Jen Eisenhower
- 2007 Julie Cameron
- 2006 Patricia McAteer
- 2005 Brenda Keefer
- 2004 Gale Ehrhorn
- 2003 Margie Yohn
- 2002 Penny Walker
- 2001 Mary Ellen Blouch
- 2000 Julie Cheyney
- 1999 Irene Pickett
- 1998 Sandy Herr
- 1995 Susan LeBaron-Tonini
- Additional Member graduates of the LLV program:
|Deadline March 31 annually.May Award Scholarships|
- Mary Blose
- Carol Edris
- Nori Fisher
- Sarah Schappel